Novant Health EAP is committed to the belief that the Employee Assistance Program serves as a foundation on which a healthy, productive work environment is built.
We can help reduce the effects of:
- Low productivity
- High absenteeism
- On-the-job accidents
- Low morale
- Job turnover
- Property damage
- Increased use of medical benefits
- Potential litigation and more...
As a leader, you have the ongoing responsibility for what goes on the in the workplace and for the performance of those employees who report to you. Supervisors also form a link between employers and various support groups such as Human Resources, Employee Relations, Public Safety, etc. One of the most effective approaches for a supervisor is making sure that each employee's performance and behavior continues to meet all job descriptions and standards of conduct.
Focusing on job-related behavior and performance allows you to balance...
- The rights of individual employees to privacy and fair treatment.
- The rights of the organization and the work group to have a safe, secure, and productive work environment.
It is not your responsibility to...
- Diagnose problems
- Provide therapy or counseling
- Be a police officer