What does novant health's employee assistance program do?
Life in the 21st century is fast-paced, stressful, and
seems to change every day. Finding balance in one's
life can be truly difficult. How does an
employee/parent/spouse complete the big project for the boss, get to the kids pageant at school, and have
quality time with their spouse? These challenges bring
forth stress that can severely affect job performance
and an individual's quality of life.
Novant Health EAP provides a multitude of services to
assist employees and family members clarify and deal
with personal, work, or health problems. Employees
who enter the workplace each day free from issues of the previous day are going to be more focused, have greater safety, and improved performance.
The Employee Assistance Program gives employees and their covered family members confidential, individual assistance with a wide range of personal and work-related issues that include:
- Workplace effectiveness
- Enhancing communication skills
- Managing stress
- Drug or alcohol dependency
- Physical abuse
- Overcoming anxiety or depression
- Strengthening personal relationships
- Coping with grief and loss
- Parenting issues and family conflicts
Other resources we can provide include
- Referrals to counselors and therapists
- Referrals to support groups and organizations
- Financial counseling referral
Managers and supervisors benefit through special support services including:
- Assistance in resolving difficult workplace issues
- Training on a variety of topics
- Debriefing staff [Critical Incident Stress Management] after crisis or loss situations in the workplace
- Mediation Services
On-call consultation is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The counseling staff is, at a minimum, trained at the master's degree level. As in the workplace, we provide a diverse counseling staff aware of the needs of clients from a variety of backgrounds.